- To hear a “beep” all the time for your choice of stroke rate per minute ranging from 50 strokes per minute to 90 strokes per minute. [No music].
- To hear a voice saying “stroke, stroke…” [male or female] for your choice of stroke rate per minute ranging from 50 strokes per minute to 90 strokes per minute. [No music].
- 15 seconds of “beep” [or “stroke” voice] followed by either 1 minute or 2 minutes worth of your music [your choice of stroke rate per minute for the “beeps” or voice].
- 30 seconds of “beep” or voice followed by 2 minutes worth of your music [again your choice of stroke rate for the “beeps” or voice].
- Option to have a voiced lap time pacemaker for each length, ranging from 17 seconds to 35 seconds per length. Time notifications are cumulative and will count the lengths. So for example “25 seconds, 1 length…50 seconds, 2 lengths…1 minute 15, 3 lengths…”etc. [With your music between time notifications].
Tempo Trainer and Music!
Our VRX waterproof mp3 headphones are currently the only device that provides the option to use the Tempo Trainer alone, OR also with music. Usually, listening to music with a “beep” in the background would be very difficult because of the natural beat of each music track. So the best way to combine the two, is for the stroke rate beeping to interrupt your music, to just hear the beep for a chosen period of time and then return you to your music, again for a chosen period of time. This repeats throughout your swim.
Don’t forget that music is a great motivator in itself!
If you were ever in doubt that listening to music whilst exercising can increase endurance, take a look at the article at the link below. Music can increase performance by up to 15%!
The whole system works fantastically well. If you are looking for an mp3 player for swimming, we believe this is the best – and we have tried everything out there! Whether simply for music or for the training functionality, our VRX headphones will take your swimming enjoyment and fitness, to a whole new level.